Are you looking for an honest Astra Pro Theme Review?
You are at the right place!
Over the past years, I have used a couple of themes and have been discouraged. Even though I had found a lot of customization to make my blog look cool, they were blatant in terms of speed.
In 2018, I decided to give Astra Pro a try, and let me tell you, it’s so far the best WordPress theme I’ve encountered with. Currently, I use it for this blog and my clients’.
And if you’re wondering, yes I have used OceanWP, SchemaLite, and codiqa.
WP Astra Pro Theme Review
Astra Pro is one of the light weighted and super blazing speed themes in the WordPress market now. It was created by Brainstorm Force team that runs along with its co founder Sujay Pawar back in the year 2017.
The theme is currently being installed on 1,000,000+ active websites with 3000+ 5 star ratings. So clearly Astra is worth trying.
As it happens, I installed the free version of the Astra theme first and within a month I upgraded to the pro-Add-on of Astra. I could tell without a second thought that the developers of Astra were thinking exactly how I wanted a WordPress theme must work. Let’s talk about some of its features.
Glimpse at the features of Astra Pro
- Lightweight and super fast loading. In fact, if you run with minimal plugins and 3rd party installs, the theme could load in just 700 to 900 ms.
- Mobile optimized, looks great on iPads, tablets as well.
- Default schema markup, for search engines to understand your site content better and to show better SERPs.
- Allows easy integrations with popular builders like Elementor. The combination of Astra Pro and Elementor Pro is the one hell of building experience you should not miss as a WordPress user.
- The theme fits with any plugins like RankMath, WP Rocket, Classic editor, elementor add-ons.
- With over 800+ fonts and typography options, you can turn your website into jaw-dropping for your users.
- Flexible header and footer layouts.
- Woocommerce Integration if you want to give the best shopping experience without a single line of coding.
- Hooks and filters which make it great to customize everything on your own.
- Active technical support from the Brainforce team. On average, 24 hours response rate, thousands of knowledge base resources, and regular updates.
The product documentation is also appreciable. Besides the easy documentation tutorials on their site, if you have extra questions, you can easily Google them and get the answers within a few minutes.
Astra Pro theme pricing
Astra’s theme is free to get started with limitations. If you want to get the stunning website, you will require to go with its basic premium Add-on that you can get it for just $41 and get updates and support for 1 year.
Currently, Astra has three plans. That are:
- Pro Add-on
- Mini agency bundle
- Agency bundle
The price could go pretty low (budgeted) if you choose to purchase the plan for lifetime.
- 20+ free ready to use website templates
- All Astra pro features
- Annual price – $41
- Lifetime price – $249
Mini agency bundle
- 55+ free Agency starter templates with blocks
- WP portfolio plugin
- The choice to opt one-page builder add-on from Ultimate Addon for Elementor and Beaver builder
- All Astra pro features
- Annual price – $169
- Lifetime price – $499
- All features of the Mini agency bundle
- Ultimate Addons for Elementor
- Ultimate Addons for Beaver builder
- Convert Pro plugin
- Schema Pro plugin
- Skilljet academy courses worth $1199
- Annual price – $249
- Lifetime deal – $699
Features of Astra Pro extension
Let’s talk in detail.
1) Header – Creative and multiple header layouts that include site identity to upload a logo, sticky, transparent, and below-above sections to display multiple menus for both mobile and desktop versions.
2) Global settings – You can set the default font size, colors, and style for content and headings.
Container – You can set the layout for individual pages, blog posts, archives with options to fix the spacing of containers.
Header button & Scroll to top customization
3. Breadcrumb – They help you with your SEO partly by offering the readers easy navigation and encourage them to stay awhile on your blog.
They help the visitor understand where they are on your blog and where to go next.
4. Archive/Category page settings– As you can see in the image, there is a choice to show your category posts display as a grid with three layouts, and no. of columns could be 2, 3, and 4.
You can also enable date box and highlight first post.
5. Sidebar layout: You can set the layout for individual pages, blog posts, and category pages with default width percentage.
For example: 70% space for the page content and remaining 30% for sidebar.
6. Footer widget: Now you can have more creative designs in the footer area using any of the available advanced widget modules.
Background space can be displayed with your color of choice and width can be set as per your wish.
7. Footer bar: Most websites and bloggers use this space to put copyright data and categories or pages like privacy, disclaimer, and contact.
You can even set this space to null.
8. Menu: This panel is used for managing navigation menus for content you have already published on your site. You can create menus and add items for existing content such as pages, posts, categories, tags, formats, or custom links.
9. Widgets: You can set the particular widget sections to sidebar and footer to display an ad, banner, social media profile, category, author bio or email subscribe, etc.
10. Home page customization: You can choose what to be displayed on the home page of your website. Either you show latest posts or static page. If you opt to display a static page, you first need to create the page via your WP dashboard. In that case, post page can be st as ‘Blog’ where latest blog posts will be displayed.
Diving into Astra
Let’s have some fun! It is advised to test the load speed of a theme before adding the elements, content, and plugins to understand the neutral speed of a theme which I did previously. I missed the screenshot of that, as I remember it was pretty fast, say less than 400 ms.
Let’s see the current speed of my blog with at least 25+ plugins, 5+ affiliate banner codes and content. Can you guess how much it could be? Let’s see.
2.4 seconds is not bad, I guess. Running on Astra Pro theme with SiteGround GrowBig hosting at 2.4 seconds time. I’m loving it 🙂
Astra has some proven track record when it comes to speed. By looking into the below screenshot, you could understand that easily.
Woocommerce: Is Astra all good to build a store?
Do you know you could literally build a great eCommerce store with a range of products that can show up on the category pages that you would want?
You just need to install the Woocommerce module plugin, particularly the PRO version if you want to give an ultimate look to your website. Curious to know how to build an eCommerce store? Check out the below review of Astra Woocommerce.
Page builder integration
Besides Woocommerce, you can easily integrate the renowned page builders like Elementor, Divi, Beaver, Thrive architect, and few others.
Be default, WordPress has now 5.4 versions that come with Gutenberg editor which is also equally to most the builders. If you are using Gutenberg editor, you may try out a plugin called ‘Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg’ that adds a few more blocks to your editor that gives you extra benefit to display stunning UX.
Astra works flawlessly with any of the above page builders. In fact, I use the combination of Astra Pro and Elementor pro on my blog. Do you like it? Talk to me in the comments.
What people say about Astra theme (Reviews or Testimonials)
You don’t have to bet on my word. Check out what people who have been using are saying about Astra. Are they saying good or bad? Let’s find out.
At LiquidWeb, we test over 50 Woocommerce themes for better performance and pricing/ Astra beat the competition.
Chris Lema – VP LiquidWebs
At WPBeginner.com, Astra is the first choice, not only does it look good, but it is also optimized for performance. Plus, it is super easy to build a website for non-techie users.
Syed Balkhi – Founder WPbeginner.com
Astra is simple, fully customized and fast theme that I can wholeheartedly recommend to all Elementor users.
Ben Pines – CMO Elementor
When speed matters, choose Astra! It delivered what we wanted, we are happy and our customers are. Thanks for a great product!
Justin Ferriman – CEO of LearnDash
FAQs about Astra Pro Theme
#1. Which Astra Plan Should I Choose?
Answer: It depends on your requirement. If you want a plain and yet elegant website, Pro Addon is good enough. If you want super stunning, go with a mini agency bundle as you get one out of ‘Add-ons for Elementor and for beaver builder.‘ If you are an agency that needs to build websites for your users with extra requirements for ConvertPro, Schema Pro, and other performance-based plugins: go with the Agency bundle.
#2. How Do I Update The Theme?
Answer: Whenever Astra releases a new update, you will get a notification in your WordPress dashboard. You can update it within a minute.
#3. What Kind Of Technical Support Do I Get With Astra?
Answer: You get any kind of help either through ticketing, email, and if priority, remote connection.
#4. What If I Don’t Renew My License After 1 Year?
The website you have already built shall continue working. However, you will not be able to receive new updates and technical support if you don’t renew your license.
#5. Can I Upgrade My License Anytime?
Answer: Yes, you can upgrade anytime to any plan.
#6. Is There A Refund Policy For Astra Theme?
Answer: Yes, 14 days.
#7. How Do I Get Readymade Website Templates?
Answer: You can import the readymade templates once you purchase any Astra plan. You can customize and deliver the way your customer wants. There is absolutely no need to pay a penny for developers to create stunning websites or blogs anymore.
#8. What Are Some Best Alternatives For Astra?
Answer: GeneratePress, OceanWP, AuthorityPro, Divi, StudioPress, Page Builder Framework are some of the recommendations I could tell with my experience.
#9. The big question! Is Astra Pro Worth Buying?
Answer: I’ve spent a lot of time building websites on Astra. Even the free version is good enough if you want to create a basic website. I recommend the paid versions if you want some extra feel on your website. It will help you stand out in the crowd with a unique look.
Astra theme is one of the finest choices you could ever make for your online business. Designing a super stunning and fast loading website or blog won’t cost you hundreds of dollars anymore. Everything can be done by yourself, even though if you’ve no tech knowledge.
I couldn’t find many drawbacks with the theme. The best part is that you could just get started for FREE to understand the speed and features available. Even in the worst case, you have 14 days refund policy. So you have nothing to lose.
Just go for it without any second thoughts 🙂
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a commission if you buy through my links. And it doesn’t impact your purchase in anyway. Read full disclosure.